Monday, June 23, 2008

















So......Dasia and I had talked all along that once the chaos of the wedding and all the travel etc. etc. had settled down we were going to get Bronte (our dog) a playmate. It has just been a matter of weeks trying to find the right one. Well, yesterday, we finally did. We ended up adopting a 2 year old boy from the same rescue shelter that we got Bronte from. He is awesome! We have named him Kona (after a certain race in Hawaii I might do someday....plus he is the same color as lava rock.. :) He is another boston terrier, but looks a lot different from Bronte. He is much taller and about 6 or 7 pounds heavier, with a very dark brindle color coat and face.
It is pretty comical, even though he is little, our precious Bronte still rules the house....he was having none of a bigger dog coming in and taking over! Now they are getting along fine, and will even eat out of the same food bowl together and run together fine as well. He actually looks exactly like a mini boxer. He is such a beautiful and sweet dog, just follows us everywhere, and if he can't sit by you he sits on your feet!
I've attached four pics so you can get a look. He just brought a toy up to me....it looks like he wants to have another round of tug of war... He is super playful....even more than Bronte is (which is saying a lot...)
I hope you are all doing great. Things have been very chaotic here. I am doing 6 days straight of testing before I start work in the hospital next week. All of the recent med school grads have to go through these tests before we can start. That said, it is kind of fun to be back to learning and meeting all kinds of new people.
In addition to FINALLY going back to work next, this weekend I will FINALLY be starting to race again. I have a triathlon on Sunday, and am hoping to put up a good result. I wanted to race last weekend but ended up a bit sick and had too much studying to do anyway.

So, I hope you are all well. I keep meaning to update my blog with a million more pics and stories from Spain, but have just been too swamped. It will happen in due time though. I just wanted to show off our new little family member!




No comments: